International Students Admission

International Applicant Additional Requirements

All international applicants are required to provide the following additional documents*:

  • A photocopy of the passport or equivalent document*;
  • An applicant’s declaration of finances or sponsor’s affidavit of support with a bank statement or a verification letter from an officer of the bank or other financial institution giving the present balance, which must equal or exceed the amount required for one year of study ($20,065)**;
  • Applicants completing prior education abroad should provide the transcripts with notarized English translation and need to conduct transcripts evaluation with a member of American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers, Association of International Credential Evaluators, or the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services;
  • Proof of English proficiency is required for all students from schools where English is not the educational language. Applicants should provide results of either TOEFL or IELTS tests with TOEFL (Internet Based) scores of 59 for BA and BS programs; 69 for MBA program; and 79 for MS & DBA programs or with IELTS overall band scores of 5.5 for BA and BS programs; 6.0 for MBA program; and 6.5 for MS and DBA programs. Equivalent results of other commonly recognized tests are also acceptable. If test results are not available, proficiency will be evaluated on campus or online. For proper students' placement, the University uses the following tests: a) Michigan Test of English Language Proficiency (MTELP); b) Comprehensive English Language Test Structure (CELT-SA); c) Comprehensive English Language Test Listening (CELT-LA); d) a composition writing; e) personal interviews. The tests are scheduled prior to registration.

International applicants applying from within the United States must also submit the following items:

  • Copies of U.S. visa and I-94 Arrival-Departure record.
  • Copies of all relevant documents from schools previously attended in the United States, including official tran­scripts of all academic work taken there.


* All documents must be accompanied by notarized English Translation.
**This document is waived for LU students with a good payment history applying for another university program and distant education students.
Visa Services for International Students

International students applying for a student visa (F-1) from outside the United States must present the Form I-20, issued by the institution, to the U.S. Consular Officer. Students are encouraged to visit their country-specific U.S. Embassy website or for F-1 student visa requirements. The Admissions Office and Designated School Officials (DSOs) assist international students with the process of acquiring and maintaining nonimmigrant F-1 visa status free of any charges.